Google+ Followers

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Oh Wow....Getting Old isn't Easy!! But I'm not aloooonnne!!!

Yikes.  Aches, ,pains, hard of hearing, unable to carry things for long distances, etc etc.  Is this a complaint?  Probably. I wanted to share my latest things I have crocheted for Christmas gifts.   The above is three cardigans I made for  my dil and granddaughters.  I am hoping they will have their photos taken in them.  I think they will be so great!  Very simple.  The basic pattern is from an old 1973 McCall's Crochet Treasury book and I changed it a bit to update it.  The yarn is #3 weight yarn and it was hard for me to hold on to it, however, I persevered.  Ta-da.
It is raining today...the kind of rain that we used to love to play in when we were kids...wet, lots of it, big puddles.  So much fun.  I loved walking through it today.  Thank you Mother God and Father God for the rain.  I love it as I love You!
Here is another work of crochet:   It is from the 100 Hats book and it is a guy's cap. I kind of like it.  I made them for my sons and grandsons.  They are warm.  I also made the felted handbag below.  My friend lined it and I gave it to her.  It was fun to make and used up a wool yarn the color of which I didn't know what to do with....terrible grammar, but you get the idea, I think.
 I have been doing a lot of farmville on FB.   It is kind of neat to socialize with people while I am working on the "ole' farm."  I am in touch with my friend Patricia, friend of 60 years!  And it is a relaxing way of spending a little time socializing.  I also crochet while I am on farmville.  Sometimes it is slow that I crochet a whole scarf.  Hm.  Internet, gotta love it.  I don't have much else to write except I pray every day for my son Shawn, Brendan and his family, Kevin and Jenn, and Timothy and Julie.  I love them.  I hope they know it.  Mistakes be darned.  I have always loved them!!  He who is without sin may cast the first stone..... and that stuff.  Blessed Be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment