Sunday, February 14, 2010

Triangle Wheelchair Prayer Shawl

I saw a pattern on http://www.crochetville.org/ for a Triangle Stroller Blankie by Lubba_my_kiddos and thought it would make a great pattern for a Prayer Shawl/Lapghan for people who are wheelchair-bound.  So I jumped right in and this is the results.  There is no pattern, I just rounded off one of the corners from Lubba My Kiddos pattern and increased to "4 dc groups" instead of 3 dc groups to keep the shawl flat.  It was quick, easy and fun.  I used leftover yarn/stash.
Picture #2 shows the rounded corner.  I used dc into hdc's working to keep it centered.  Came out so well. 
Picture #3 is using the lapghan as a shawl.  I elongated the alternate two ends from the rounded ends by putting in a shell of 5 dc, ch 3, 5 dc toward the last 5 rows to make it long enough to work as a shawl. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment