Monday, March 29, 2010

Cousins, Facebook


This little guy is a football bear that I made for my grandson.  The bear is bought but the hat and sweater are made with football buttons.  My grandson really liked this guy.  He named him "fooper."
Well, I got on Facebook awhile back.  Started using Farmville.  And that was it, I thought.  And then I started meeting cousins from my mother's side of the family....and cousins, and cousins.  And I have had the thrilling experience of seeing pictures from the past that embodied what I remember from when I was little.  It is truly amazing.  I am the oldest living cousin that I know of.  Allan Stimpson was the first cousin to be born.  He died c.1972 or 73.  Then there was me.  So I am the oldest surviving cousin and the oldest girl cousin. 
Part of all this is scary, though, because it brings back some memories I don't want.  The memories are of physical and sexual abuse.  I have been fighting with anxiety attacks and that, too, shall pass, as soon as I get a handle on them.  I just have to keep looking at the positive side.  I am grown up now and at no one's beck and call. 
I am not working on any pattern designs, unusually enough.  I saw my 3 youngest grandkids this past weekend and gave them all the objects that I had finished from my own designs.  Guess I'll have to start again.  But first must get the wherewithal.  Anyone know where I can find some wherewithal?
I love my sons.  I miss them.  I pray that they are doing extremely well.  This economy scares me.  There's too many things that wrap around and focus on money.  Bleah.
Blessings on my day and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment