Thursday, July 23, 2009

This hat is one of the first crocheted felted hats I ever made. I guessed at the pattern. It is actually done in hdc with a 8, 16, 24, 32, 40... progression, changing colors as I wanted. I used leftover LionBrand wool from other projects. The ear flaps started with a shell made of 5 dc and then just sort of progressed. I think it came out great. And it fit. That is the important part.
I have not written in awhile because I have been trying to get myself together after a few "run-ins' with Monsieur Harry. I am quickly learning that he may have Alzheimer's or even an ongoing problem with Schizophrenia and it makes a normal conversation very difficult. However, I am going to hang in until Harry's doctor's appts in August to see if I can get Harry to discuss the anger he has OR possibly I can mention a few things in the appts. I am praying that this goes as it is supposed to and that Harry will get help.
Other than that, I sold my car. Did mention that earlier? Now I am at the mercy of buses, friend Eileen, and RIDE. I will live and I actually enjoy riding on the city buses as you meet the most interesting people.
Computer is running fine, printers are doing well, and converter box on television is doing great. Now I just have to figure out how to get the driver for the HP all-in-one so I can use the scanner. I am so proud of myself. Not bad for an old lady of 62 who doesn't look a day over 61!

I have checked out my followers blog (Cheyenne) and it is a great blog!! She is quite a designer. (Cheyenne, thanks for sharing.) Today I was able to read over the Chicken Stitches, Lion Brand, Dishcloth Designers blogspots and they are so creative. I wish I had time to join many more.
Visited my stepdad's farm this past weekend. My stepdad (Raymond Cretinon of Kingston MA) died of pancreatic cancer 5 years ago but I still like to visit his family. I loved going to the farm when I was a teenager. There was room to run, lots of animals to see, and lots of garden stuff. I especially fell in love with my stepdad and my Aunt Jean Cretinon Coffin. She is a very kind and gentle soul. My stepfather (who was nicknamed "Biddy" because I guess they thought it was funny--he was a large man--not tall, but big-boned--and was the farthest thing from a Biddy ever!!) was such a hard worker. He was always doing something and taking care of some animal. I saw him once push a bull off his foot and was amazed at how confident he was in that enclosure with the bull. Yikes. Raymond loved my mother sooo much. It was nice to see that she had such a fan.
My brother Richard is in the hospital. He fell out of his wheelchair and broke his hip. He is only 55 years old and is in such bad physical shape. He didn't take care of himself at all. Richard's son, Little Ricky, called to let me know. I am going to get to see his children soon. Yayyy. I can't wait to meet them. I used to love to go see my nieces and nephews. But now they have all grown up and gone their separate ways and I only get to see them occasionally.
Yesterday I did visit my counselor. It was a very "working" session. They always are. I am trying my best to be the healthiest I can so that I can be a better person.
Anyway, I am going to get dressed and go to the library. Blessings on my sons: Timothy (who is moving to a new apartment with my beloved dil, Julie; Shawn (he needs prayers, friends, love, support, maturing); Brendan (who has a difficult time at work...the work is fine, people are not...and his family whom I love dearly!!!! and his wife, Bek, the best mom in the world); Kevin and his wife Jenn who are going thru a rough time. I wish them the best and the most blessings ever. Blessings on my friend Bonnie who is going through cancer and has been for a year now. Blessings on my friend Pat who has hung in as my friend for 59 years. Blessings on my friend Harry who doesn't seem to have ever had anyone who cared enough for him to get to really know him. Blessings for the World that is topsy-turvy. Blessings on our President and guidance to do the Right Thing. Blessings on me and let me find homes for all this love I have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment