Monday, August 10, 2009


The hat on the right was a test pattern for me. It is made with shells and I discovered too late that I should have (oh, those should-haves!) planned ahead and the ends shells would have been more even. Anyway.
Our weather has been absolutely perfect! I even ventured to the store and didn't die from the heat. yay. I know that many ppl prefer heat but I like medium. I'm with John Denver when he sings, "I'm the kind of guy who likes to stand in the middle, I don't like all this jumping back and forth, me I'd like to live with my feet in Dixie and my head in the cool, cool North." tehee.
I have been catching up on correspondence, cutting postcards and bookmarks from old greeting cards (now I have to run the postcards thru the printer for side 2), playing with Bearli and Regan, and just all-around feeling good about things because they are getting done.
The one thing I have not done is put printed labels on and straightened out my files. Some day....
I miss my first husband, Jackie. I don't know about you but if I had some things to do over again I would have hung in there better and let other things go. Saying more about it doesn't bring him back but I do want him to know that I have Big Plans on seeing him again in Heaven. I hope God is in agreement with that plan! smile.
I am feeling melancholy so today is probably not a good day to write. I think about my son, Shawn, often. I wish him the best life. I do not dwell on things like I did, thank God, but I do still "wish." I pray a lot for Shawn.
I am learning how to get along without a car. I will get a bus pass, work with RIDE, pay gas to friends, walk!! I will get along. I am close to stores. The doctor will be a bit of a problem and my counselor but things will work out. I couldn't afford the car insurance at all.
I think I have rambled on enough to satisfy the blogspot gods and will close with Blessings for All and (to all a good night?? noooo) hope your days are going as they are supposed to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment