Sunday, September 20, 2009



This Cat Sweater is the first sweater I knit that included working with colors. It was frustrating for me & very satisfying because I did indeed finish it!!
The pastel colored thingy is a baby "cocoon" that I crocheted using heavy soft yarn. It came out well, if small. It could be used for a preemie or a doll. It was just an experiment that I didn't write down. I think it would be great for a little one coming home from the hospital. It also has a hat to match. Soft, soft, soft!

Yikers!! Still bleah. This chest cold has moved up to my sinuses. Never had that happen before. I am allowing myself the time to read, rest, and blog.

I am still crocheting a hexagon sweater with a pattern that I got on http://www.ravelry.com/. My granddaughter is a size 14 girls and I am adapting that pattern and also using double yarn so that it will be warm. See how that goes. I am knitting a pair of slippers to felt for my friend, Melinda. I can't wait to see how they turn out! I use a little "wonder" washer pail-type washing "machine" to felt things. The apartment washers do not open once they start and all my felted things would be minute and sized for Barbie and Ken. Smile.
I have to say again and again that I am very Thankful for everything I have and everything I don't have. I have learned over time that things don't matter truly. I have de-stuffed many times and am just about finished de-stuffing. I still have too much. Hm. I am Thankful for my abilities: to handle the pain and physical stress I have from my illnesses; to be in touch with my sons and know where they are; to have friends here who help me; to be with no car now so that I will learn to be simpler and spend less money!; I am thankful for all that God has given me and I think about it every day!! Every day that I am able to overcome my Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (disease? disorder? whatever) reactions, I am thankful. I am very thankful for my counselor who is a Spirit Guided Person and is very resourceful and very nice. I am thankful for Friend Eileen who brought me chicken soup while I was sick!!






No comments:

Post a Comment